Garlic Rolls (without egg)
Recipe : Suhaina
Source : Umm Mymoonah, Kak Madihaa
Ingredients: (makes 8 rolls)
3 cups Plain Flour MaDiHaA guna tepong roti (next time boleh tambah dalam 2 ~ 3 sudu besar tepong lagi sebab doh agak lembik) - tun guna tepung roti, doh tun ok je utk secawan air.
1 cup Warm Water
1 tbsp Yeast
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Sugar
2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil - tun guna minyak masak biasa je
Garlic Spread (refer below)
* Mix everything together except oil with warm water and knead until you get a smooth dough.
* Add oil and knead until the dough springs back when you press with your finger.
* Apply oil and allow to rise for 40-45 minutes. By this time it will be double its initial size.
* Make the garlic spread.
* Knock down the air in the dough and divide the dough into two equal portions.
* Grease a baking pan or loaf tin with butter.
* Roll the dough using a rolling pin. Apply flour to prevent sticking.
* The rolled out dough must be at least half inch thick.
* Try to make it more like a rectangle. Apply one tablespoon of the garlic spread on it.
* Roll it and cut it into two equal parts and further cut the two parts into two, so that you get 4 equal rolls.
* Now place the rolls with the cut side up in the greased pan.
* Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
* Apply the balance garlic spread on top and apply milk or egg wash which ever you prefer.
* Sprinkle sesame seeds (optional)
* Allow to proof for another 20 minutes.
* In the mean time preheat the oven to 180 degree C. (MaDiHaA guna suhu 170C)
* Bake for 20-25 minutes until the house is filled with the aroma of roasted garlic and bread..
* Take a bite into this lovely soft and flavourful rolls. You will surely fall in love with it.
Used for making garlic buns, rolls and even can be spreaded on breads before toasting it.
50 g Salted Butter
3 Garlic- grated
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (chopped) - tun letak oregano
Bring butter to room temperature.
Mix everything together.
Can be stored in the chill tray for up to one week.