PAIN AU LAIT (Delicious Milk Bread)
Makes 10 small bread
230g All purpose flour
60g Bread flour
125g Whole milk
4g Instant yeast
50g Egg (about 1)
Pearl sugar, for sprinkle at the top (I just used coarsed sugar)
Method (Bread Maker) :
1. Pour milk, salt and sugar into the bread maker pan. Add in egg. Top it with flour and yeast.
2. Set the breadmaker to Dough function.
3. Once the dough is just combined, add in butter and leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. This process will take about 1 1/2 hour including prooving.
4. Divide the dough to 10 pieces and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
5. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a circle, about 8 cm. Fold the dough and roll into a small batard.
6. Cover the shaped dough; let rise until almost doubled in volume, about 30-40 minutes
7. Before baking, brush the dough with egg wash and use a scissor to cut the top of the dough.
8. Sprinkle the sugar on top.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bread is golden.